- Executive management in the largest vertically integrated electric utility in the U.S.
- The CAISO structural operation and governance
- Power system operation (distribution, transmission and generation)
- Municipal electric utility organization, governance, and capital structure
- Familiarity with the LADWP and the Los Angeles City governing bodies, California State Legislature, and joint municipal powers authorities (SCPPA, APPA, NCPA, CMUA)
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) proceedings
- Northern American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) reliability requirements and practices
- Balancing Authority function and responsibilities
- California environmental process, proceedings, and legislation
- Experience as a Steam Plant Operator, Electric Grid Operator, and Chief Load Dispatcher
MLE Consulting, Inc. has significant expertise in the electric utility industry.
- General Manager (Los Angeles Department of Water and Power)
- City Manager (City of Anaheim)
- General Manager (Anaheim Public Utilities)
- Interim Chief Executive Officer (CAISO)
- Board of Governor’s member (CAISO)
- Asst General Manager, Customer Service (LADWP)
- Director of Bulk Power Business Unit, including Wholesale Marketing (LADWP)
Ms. Edwards’ various executive management roles at CAISO, Anaheim and LADWP publicly-owned utilities, CMUA and APPA, coupled with her extensive experience and expertise outlined above, makes her uniquely qualified to serve as the Subject Matter Expert, best positioned to advise senior and upper management on California’s transformation of its energy markets.